Following on from our very successful first fundraiser where we made €1,300 for Penny Dinners our next event is coming up on Sunday March 12th.
Our chosen charities on this occasion are Cork City Missing Persons Search and Rescue and Mallow Search and Rescue. These are two groups who do amazing work in some of the most difficult situations. They rely fully on fundraising events like this to fund their operations.
Similar to event number one the plan is for runners to meet up and go for a run, have a cuppa and a chat and donate if possible to the above charities. We encourage people to do this before the big day on the idonate link below but we can also take any donations on the day.
The way the morning will work is:
* ASICS will be on site from 7.50 for people to try their shoes, there is plenty of options but limited sizes per style so get early to get your size. You can try on many different styles if you wish.
* The group runs will start from 8am, keep an eye on our social media for the week as people will post their runs and hopefully you’ll find a group to join.
* Teas/coffees and pastries will be available from half 9 in the Clayton hotel, Damian will be there to give people directions.
* We will have our chat and laughs and then we will raffle off the prizes, we will post the results after on Facebook and Instagram for people who are not able to attend.
* Brian and Damian will be doing interviews throughout the event so let’s us know if your interested in joining us for that.
As a bit of a carrot to raise much needed funds the following are some of the targets we are looking at and some of the outcomes if achieved.
1. Raise €2000 and Ruairi O’Hagan gets his chest waxed
2. Raise €2500 and Damian Kenneally gets his legs waxed
3. Raise €3000 and Brian Ahern gets, well that’s up to you to decide this week.
A huge thank you to Clayton Hotel Silversprings for giving their venue as our HQ for the day. They are also providing teas, coffee and pastries which is a fantastic gesture and very much appreciated.
We also want to thank District Health and Leisure who have contributed greatly to this day.
To make this event even more special ASICS are going to have a “Try on” day and be present with some limited shoes and sizes available for some people to try.
We also hope to hear from our two charities on the day and introduce our 4 marathon leaders also.
Our spot prizes are worth donating and attending for alone!! Everyone who donates will be in a draw for the following.
1 – Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel & Spa in Adare one nights accommodation including bed and breakfast for two people.
2 – District Health & Leisure – 3 months membership
3 – A Cadburys Chocolate Hamper
4 – Derval O’Rourke signed copy of her “The Fit Foodie” book and 2 journals.
5 – Asics runners (Male)
6 – Asics runners (Female)
7 – Golf green fees for Cork Golf Club
8 – Golf green fees for East Cork Golf Club
And that’s so far, we will be adding more this week.
The Runners Diary Podcast don’t do things by half but we wouldn’t be able to do it without the support of so many companies mentioned about but also without you the running community. Together we all make a great team.